Developed by Jazz at Lincoln Center, WeBop is a jazz education program designed for children three to five years old. These 45-minute classes are structured to engage both the child and caregiver, with participation required from both. Families are invited to stomp, strut, and swing to the joyous rhythms of jazz while learning about its core concepts, instruments, and great performers.
FALL 2018 DATES
- August 25 – FREE trial class: 10 am full, NEWLY ADDED 9 am
- September 15 – November 3, at 9 am and 10 am each Saturday
REGISTRATION AND FEES
Each term is eight weeks, with two band weeks at Week 4 and Week 8. Students progress throughout the terms and age groups, constantly building on what they have learned.
All WeBop classes require child and adult participation. WeBop is not a drop-off toddler program.
Cost is $215 per child. Families can sign up more than one child, but there must be an adult with each child.
Click here to register for the Fall 2018 WeBop session.
Click here to register for the FREE Trial Class on August 25th.
- Instill a love of jazz and a love of self
- Introduce families to jazz in a musically authentic way
- Awaken and enhance skills in listening, creativity, and imagination
- Give young people a supportive and challenging jazz environment in which to thrive
- Teach to multiple active modes of understanding
- Encourage adults to use music as a parenting tool, not only to educate their child but
encourage their development, self-expression, and individuality
- Create awareness about how children learn and respond to their environment
Jazz St. Louis is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to lead our community
in advancing the uniquely American art of jazz through live performance, education and outreach